Das vierwöchige Intro Program zum Effektiven Altruismus umfasst wöchentliche Diskussionsgruppen, Herausforderungen wie eine Vegane Woche und ein Giving Game sowie persönliches Mentoring. Dabei gehen wir aus theoretischer und praktischer Sicht auf die Frage ein: Wie können wir am meisten Gutes tun?
Die Diskussionen finden auf Deutsch oder Englisch statt. Die schriftliche Kommunikation sowie die Lesematerialien sind auf Englisch. Weitere Informationen zum Programm findest du nachfolgend auf Englisch.
The four-week Effective Altruism Intro Program includes weekly discussion groups, impact challenges, such as a Vegan Week and a Giving Game, and personal mentoring. In the process, we address from a theoretical and practical perspective the question: How can we do the most good?
The program provides a foundation for advanced programs and enables participation in multi-day nationwide events such as conferences.
The next round of applications is expected to open in October.
- The four-week program can be completed online or in some cities in person with on-site meetings.
- Approximately 3 to 4 hours should be scheduled each week.
- Optional extension to 6 or 8 weeks
- Language: The written communication and readings are in English. The weekly discussions can be held in German or English.
- Successful graduates will receive a certificate of participation.
- Weekly discussion groups on site or online with one moderator and 4 to 6 participants
- Impact Challenges, such as a Giving Game or a Vegan Week
- Book scholarship
- Implementation of your own altruistic projects
- National and international networking of participants with experts
- Interest in the question "How can we do the most good?"
- Curiosity and critical thinking
- Basic knowledge of English (written communication and resources are in English)
“Through the EA Intro Program, I not only got an overview of various EA-relevant topics, but also had the opportunity to question my own perspective on these topics in the many discussions. I was particularly enthusiastic about the group dynamics and the willingness to support, both on the part of the moderators and the other fellows. Even after completing the program, I am still in contact with some of the fellows and we have been meeting regularly for career planning sessions ever since. Overall, I feel part of the EA community since the Intro Program.”
Helena, Bioinformatics [Masters]
Details about the upcoming Intro Program can be found here.
Subscribe to our German-speaking Newsletter to receive an update when the application phase for the Intro Program begins and to be informed monthly about further offers in Germany.